MICHIGAN WORKERS COMPENSATION LAWYERS
Workers compensation lawyers for Detroit, Grand Rapids, Warren, Sterling Heights, Lansing, Flint, Ann Arbor, Livonia, Dearborn, Canton, Westland, Troy, Farmington Hills, Southfield, Waterford, and all of Michigan workers comp claims and appeals.
Metro Detroit Work Injury Lawyers Can Help
22757 Woodward Ave Ste 210
Detroit MI 48220
Michigan Workers Compensation Law Changes You Should Know About
The 2011 reforms overhauled the state’s worker’ comp law for the first time in more than two decades, the Associated Press reported.
In a major change, workers’ comp benefit recipients are required to work if they’re offered a job within their skill set that they can physically perform. Workers may risk losing benefits if they refuse to take the job. And litigation over claim disputes is rare.
Get A Michigan Workers Compensation Lawyer
In Michigan, the Workers Compensation Agency (WCA) is the entity that administers the state's Workers Disability Compensation Act to provide benefits to individuals who are injured or made ill by conditions at their place of work. The WCA also decides disputed claims — that is, when an employee and the employer or its workers comp insurance carrier do not agree on aspects of the claim, such as:
• whether the employee was injured at work
• whether an employee's illness is due to workplace conditions
• the level of benefits that is appropriate
• the length of time that the benefits should cover
Having a Michigan Workers Compensation Attorney On Your Side Can Help
The Michigan WCA also decides the fee schedule for attorneys who help employees with their workers compensation benefit claim, forms and hearing(s). The presence of a workers comp lawyer on a case in Michigan makes a significant difference:
• If a worker is not represented by an attorney, his or her claim will go first to a mediator for a teleconference. If the claim is not resolved in the teleconference, the case will be scheduled with a magistrate for a trial.
• If a worker is represented by an attorney, the claim will go straight to a magistrate.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a For The Injured Worker, Workers Compensation Lawyer
If you were injured on the job or if you have an illness due to conditions at your job, you can arrange a free consultation with one of our Michigan workers compensation attorneys today.